History

voestalpine BÖHLER Bleche – Always on the move

The history of voestalpine BÖHLER Bleche spans nearly 150 years, featuring many great inventions and developments. Be it tool steel or high speed steel, be it corrosion resistant specialities or nickel-base alloys, voestalpine BÖHLER Bleche has been involved in the development of these materials from the very beginning. For instance hardenable chromium stainless steel, a material that conquered the world from Mürzzuschlag .

voestalpine BÖHLER Bleche protects and fosters this innovative spirit, upgrading and improving currently available techniques alongside the development of new processes. voestalpine BÖHLER Bleche thus positions itself as an ever more important and indeed indispensable partner of high-tech manufacturers.

1496
 

Foundation of a Brother-hood of 10 forging shops

1862
 

Heinrich Bleckmann acquires the Mürz-Hammer named "PHOENIX"

1863 - 1874
 

Extension of the forging shops to an integrated steel mill

1912
 

Invention of the corrosion resistant stainless steel by Max Mauermann

1924
 

Merging of Schoeller and Bleckmann to Schoeller-Bleckmann AG

1975
 

Merging of the Austrian fine steel producers to "Vereinigte Edelstahlwerke AG" (VEW)

1988
 

Foundation of BÖHLER to Böhler GmbH and Schoeller-Bleckmann GmbH

1991
 

Acquisition of the Swedish Company Uddeholm AG and foundation of BÖHLER-UDDEHOLM AG

1991
 

Foundation of BÖHLER Bleche GmbH, a company of the BÖHLER-UDDEHLOM group

1995, 1996
 

Privatization of BÖHLER-UDDEHOLM AG (75% private, 25% state owned)

2003
 

Full privatization of BÖHLER-UDDEHOLM AG

2007
 

Integration of BÖHLER-UDDEHOLM AG into voestalpine

2011
 

Change of the legal form and the name of BÖHLER-UDDEHOLM AG into voestalpine Edelstahl GmbH

2013
 

Start-up of the new DUO rolling mill

In 2013, the new DUO rolling mill was opened in Mürzzuschlag.

2017
 

In 2017, the company's name was changed from BÖHLER Bleche GmbH & Co KG to voestalpine BÖHLER Bleche GmbH & Co KG